What can membership do for you? Here are some reasons why you should become a member of the Milton & District Horticultural Society and come to the meetings.
- Be part of our Heritage – established 1909
- An opportunity to meet people with similar interests
- Join a group of dedicated volunteers working in local community gardens
- Enjoy a Pot Luck Supper and Silent Auction on Awards night
Expert Advice and Learning Opportunities
- Access to Master Gardeners for expert, friendly advice
- Monthly meetings with expert speakers
- Free coffee, tea and home baked treats served at every meeting (bring your own mug)!
- Workshops to learn better gardening techniques
- Pruning workshop
- Design workshops
- Spring planter workshop at local greenhouse
- Fall planter workshop at local greenhouse
- Christmas design workshop
- 10 newsletter per year filled with practical advice, tips and other great material
- An informative yearbook highlighting the year’s events
- Access other horticulture related resources
- A venue to show plants at professionally judged flower shows
- Spring flower show
- Summer flower show
- Plant Sales
- Garden Tours
- Seedy Saturday
- Photo Contest
- Advance notice of garden shows and events
Discounts, Prizes and Freebies
- Discounts at local nurseries
- Prize money and awards
- Plant sharing with members
- Money saving tips
- Free bulbs
- Draw table goodies
Become a Member or Renew Your Membership
Membership in the Society is from January 1st to December 31st each year. We meet on the third Monday of the month (may change due to statutory holidays). Guests are welcome to join us $5.00/visit.
Currently, the annual fees are:
- $20 for an individual
- $25 for a family (2 people living at the same address).
- $0 for a lifetime member (anyone 80 or more years young)
There are three easy steps you need to follow to become a part of the Society.
First, you must download and complete this membership form: Membership Form 2021
Second, return the completed form by email to MembershipMDHS@gmail.com (not case sensitive)
Third, pay your membership fee via Interac e-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within the e-transfer form, add your email address and reason for payment (type of membership, payment for SunnyMount Garden Plot, event fee etc).
Please Note: It is crucial that you submit the membership form. Membership cannot be confirmed without this information. Electronic transferred payments received by the Society do not automatically include your email address or other details. It is critical that you include the above details with your payment AND submit your form so that you can receive communications from the Society.
If you do not wish to use e-tranfer, you can mail a cheque with your name, address, telephone number and email address to
Milton & District Horticultural Society
PO Box 40064
Derry Heights PO
For further information email MembershipMDHS@gmail.com