What can membership do for you? Here are some reasons why you should become a member of the Milton & District Horticultural Society and come to the meetings.
- Be part of our Heritage – established 1909
- An opportunity to meet people with similar interests
- Join a group of dedicated volunteers working in local community gardens
- Enjoy a Pot Luck Supper and Silent Auction on Awards night
Expert Advice and Learning Opportunities
- Access to Master Gardeners for expert, friendly advice
- Monthly meetings with expert speakers
- Free coffee, tea and home baked treats served at every meeting (bring your own mug)!
- Workshops to learn better gardening techniques
- Pruning workshop
- Design workshops
- Spring planter workshop at local greenhouse
- Fall planter workshop at local greenhouse
- Christmas design workshop
- 10 newsletter per year filled with practical advice, tips and other great material
- An informative yearbook highlighting the year’s events
- Access other horticulture related resources
- A venue to show plants at professionally judged flower shows
- Spring flower show
- Summer flower show
- Plant Sales
- Garden Tours
- Seedy Saturday
- Photo Contest
- Advance notice of garden shows and events
Discounts, Prizes and Freebies
- Discounts at local nurseries
- Prize money and awards
- Plant sharing with members
- Money saving tips
- Free bulbs
- Draw table goodies
Become a Member or Renew Your Membership
Membership in the Society is from January 1st to December 31st each year. We meet on the third Monday of the month (may change due to statuary holidays). Guests are welcome to join us $5.00/visit.
Currently, the annual fees are:
- $20 for an individual
- $25 for a family (2 people living at the same address).
- $0 for a lifetime member (anyone 80 or more years young)
Send payment via Interac e-Transfer, Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Then download and fill out the Membership Form 2021
Finally, email completed form to anneMDHS@cogeco.ca
- You may also join us in person from a general meeting membership table counter – see meeting calendar dates.
- Or send us a cheque and provide your name, telephone number, home and email addresses.
Milton & District Horticultural Society
PO Box 40064
Derry Heights PO
For further information email anneMDHS@cogeco.ca