- This event has passed.
October 31, 2018
2018 Photo Contest
Each photo must be taken by a member and must include horticultural elements. TWO entries allowed in each category unless otherwise stated.
Entries must be submitted to Juanita Sheridan by October 31, 2018 Entries can be submitted in hard copy as 4” x 6” prints at any general meeting or as a digital file sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and contact information (phone number or email address) with your photos.
1. Winter Wonderland – winter in the garden
2. Spring has Sprung – tulips in bloom
3. Dawn – garden early in the morning
4. Boxed In – a window box
5. Pollinators – bee or butterfly in the garden
6. Roses are Red – a rose garden
7. Go with the Flow – a water feature in a garden
8. No Sun Block Needed – a cactus or succulent
9. Reach for the Sky – a climbing plant or flower
10. Close Up – zoom in on your favorite flower or plant
11. Society Competitions – an entry in the ‘Forced Bulbs’ (paperwhites) or ‘Potato Growing’ competitions
Entries by Children or Grandchildren of Members (16 and under).
12. Fruits or Vegetables – in a garden or orchard
Judging is done on the basis of focus, colour, lighting, suitability of plant choice, colour and texture.
Winners will be displayed at the 2018 Awards Dinner.